Here are this week's ministry opportunities at Cynthiana Christian Church, "A People Who Care!"
Cynthiana Christian Church enters the season of Lent with its somber color of purple, gathering her energies and directing her life for the great celebration of Easter. Lent begins with Ash Wednesday, February 14, 2018, this year. It concludes with the Saturday before Easter, recalling a symbolic biblical number of 40. Lent has 40 weekdays. "The People Who Care" will emphasize four important things during the Sundays of Lent in their Morning Worship Service of Thankful Praise: 1) Remembrance of each of our baptisms; 2) Meditation upon the meaning of the cross in our Christian faith and life; 3) Attention to spiritual discipline and our personal relationship to God; and 4) Confession of sin.
Come join us in worship, Bible study and ministry, during this Season of Lent. Grow with us in spiritual discipline, meditation and repentance, as we all help our new lives through baptism mature toward what God so lovingly wants us to know with joy.
Sunday, February 11, 2018:
* The Barnabas Team will meet in the conference room following the Worship Service of Thankful Praise.
* Children's Church (through 2nd grade) will meet in the 5th and 6th grade classroom during the Worship Service of Thankful Praise after communion.
* Children's Church (3rd and 4th grade) will meet in the 1st and 2nd grade Sunday School room during the Worship Service of Thankful Praise after communion.
* Today is "Wear Red to Church Sunday." Everyone is encouraged to wear red to promote awareness of heart disease in Women. A picture of everyone (women, men and children) will be taken to be on display at the "Go Red for Women Celebration" which will be held at the Harrison County Extension Office on February 22, 2018.
* The Cynthiana Christian Church Relay for Life Team will meet in the Sunday School room across from the church office following the Morning Worship Service of Thankful Praise.
Wednesday, February 14, 2018:
* Women's Bible Study(9:00 AM) in the Conference Room
* Jr Chi Rho (4:00 to 5:00 PM) at the church.
* Bell-Lair Hand Bell Practice (5:30 PM)
* Choir Practice (7:00 PM) Thursday, February 15, 2018:
* The Lord's Lunch Group will be delivering hot lunches. If you would like to join this wonderful ministry of love and care to deliver one to three lunches in about a half hour, show up at the church kitchen about 11:00 AM any Thursday! The joy you share will bless your heart as well!!!!!
Friday, February 16, 2018:
* The Youth Breakfast Club (7:30 AM) will meet at the church.
Saturday, February 17, 2018:
* Men's Bible Study (8:00 AM).
Sunday, February 18, 2018:
* Sunday School (9:45 AM)
* Morning Worship Service of Thankful Praise (10:45 AM)
* Youth Valentine's Luncheon: After the Morning Worship Service of Thankful Praise, our youth will serve lasagna, garlic bread, salad and dessert for lunch. Please plan on staying with "your Valentine"and enjoy a meal provided by the youth. Junior Chi-Rho parents are asked to bring salad and salad dressing. Chi Rho parents are asked to bring lasagna. CYF parents are asked to bring garlic bread and dessert. Please let Brad know if you can help out. A freewill offering will be taken with proceeds going to our youth programs.
CHURCH CAMP FORMS: Forms for church camp are now available in the church office!
Our Regular Morning Worship Service of Thankful Praise (10:45 AM) is now on the internet. Go to www.cynthianachristianchurch.com; hit "archived worship services" at the top of the opening page.
Choose a ministry or two and bless and be blessed!!!!